It was the 70s, when one noon the figure of this unfortunate ship appeared on the horizon of the Andalusian Atlantic. She was one more ship that the next day was going to be literally engulfed by the sea.
The sinking took place very close to Playa de Los Lances, as almost always in the lee of the eastern fort, which is so familiar to us. The wreck is near the Cytos, just two hundred meters from it. It was a ship loaded with salt, which is why some call it the “salt ship”.
Located at a depth of between 29 and 33 meters and resting on its port side lies this vestige of our contemporary culture.
The wreck is almost intact; it only presents a strong impact on its bow, which makes us suppose that it had a strong collision with another ship that we do not know. The fact is that it is one of the best preserved wrecks on the western Andalusian coast. We divers usually visit it during the summer months, when they raise the almadraba
Autonomous Community: Andalusia
- Center: Cies Sub Diving Center http://www.divetarifa.com/
- Center: Ocean Addicts Dive Center http://www.oceanoadictos.com/
Apelativo: Barco de la sal
Año del hundimiento: 1978
Puntal (altura): 5
Profundidad máxima: 33
Profundidad media: 25
Profundidad mínima: 27
- http://www.clubuceocies.org/ (club de buceo)
- http://www.clubgarfio.galeon.com/ (club de buceo)
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN3ZXzuB4H0 (Vídeo de Alejandro Gonzalez)
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HgL13wwUhM (Vídeo de KIKI1967AMG)